Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Part Time Worker's Mind Put at Ease about Pay

I was so grateful to my part-time employer.  I had been getting sent home earlier than usual because there was no business, and I was getting very worried about the amount I would be receiving on pay day.  Today, I realized my employer had included a special payment they called “Earthquake Provision” in my pay!  Now I don’t have to worry about paying for my lessons!

(Original Japanese Text)
自分のバイト先に本当に感動! 地震で早帰りが多かったから、お給料本当にヤバイって思ってたら、地震休業手当が頂けた!これでレッスン費も安心です( ´ ` )

No comments:

Post a Comment