Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Monday, April 11, 2011

Is it the Ground Shaking or ... ?

A month today since that big quake.  And we just got hit by another big quake this evening.  The quake was 4.0 when it hit my hometown, with multiple aftershocks to follow.  With so many quakes hitting us, I recently have a hard time distinguishing if it is the ground that is shaking or if I’m just getting dizzy and nauseous. 

(Original Japanese Text)
あの大地震から今日で1ヶ月。 夕方に強い揺れが… 私の地元も震度4を観測。その後も続く余震。 もう、地震で揺れてるのか、自分がフラついているのか解らなくなってきたよ(-.-;)

No comments:

Post a Comment