Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Thursday, March 24, 2011

2 Liters of Water

With my little baby boy in my arms and a 500ml bottle of water in my shopping basket, I was waiting in line to pay when a stranger gently asked me, “Hi.  Would you like to swap?” and handed me a 2L bottle of water!  The only reason I hadn’t gone for the 2L although I wanted it was because of the long queue waiting for it and I was carrying my baby with me.  Thank you, thank you, to the kind stranger.  I shall remember her goodness to me and repay it by being good to someone else too. 

(Original Japanese Text)

息子を抱っこしつつ500mlの水1本をカゴに入れてレジに並んだら、知らない女性が「水、交換しませんか」と2Lのを差し出してくれた 2Lは並ばないと入手できなかったはずなのに。ありがとうありがとう。わたしも次はこの恩を誰かに譲るよ。ペイフォワード。

No comments:

Post a Comment