Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Quake has made People Gentle

When I walked into the convenience store with my little children today, the lady behind the counter saw my children and, whispering to me saying “If you’re here for some water, take these!”, gave me 2 full liters of water!  I’m so grateful.  It really seems people have suddenly become so gentle and caring ever since the quake. 

今日、サンクスにぷらっと子連れで立ち寄ったら、『お水、1本ですがありますよ』とレジのおばさまが耳打ちしてくださり、2リットルのお水をゲットしました。ありがたい。っていうか、なんか地震以降いろんな人が優しくなった気がする。

No comments:

Post a Comment