Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Monday, March 21, 2011

You Saved This Nation

On the news I saw the Tokyo Fire Department delivering their report to Governor Shintaro Ishihara.  The governor bowed his head to the men and women of the Fire Department, and with a trembling voice said, “Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  You saved this nation.”  I cried too. 

(Original Japanese text)
http://twitter.com/#!/MARS305_MV/status/49759356710961152

東京消防庁、原発での活動を石原都知事に報告。石原知事は集まった消防隊全員に頭を下げて涙声で「本当にありがとうございました。あなた方がこの国を救って下さった」と述べた@TOKYO MXニュース 俺も感動して泣けた

No comments:

Post a Comment