Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Monday, March 28, 2011

Don't Worry, We'll Rebuild all of it!

I heard this from a friend.  At an evacuation facility, an elderly man sadly whispered to himself, “What are we going to do now?” A young teenage boy who was nearby heard him and, putting his arm around him, comforted him saying, “Don’t worry.  When we grow up, we will rebuild all if it.  I promise!” When I saw this boy, I knew Japan's future is secure.

(Original Japanese Text)
http://twitter.com/#!/nekoshima83/status/46635888704360448
千葉の友達から。避難所でおじいさんが「これからどうなるんだろう」と漏らした時、横に居た高校生ぐらいの男の子が「大丈夫、大人になったら僕らが絶対元に戻します」って背中さすって言ってたらしい。大丈夫、未来あるよ。

No comments:

Post a Comment