Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Monday, March 28, 2011

My Son Cried Himself to Sleep




My son cried himself to sleep again today.  The earthquake had hit when we were at home, so in some strange way he is now terrified of being at home.  I’m trying to cheer him up by turning on some upbeat music and lightening up the atmosphere by helping him have fun at home.  I wish I could do more to soothe my little boy.

(Original Japanese Text)
息子、本日も泣きながら寝ました。ゆれたのが家にいるときなので、家にいいるとどうしても怖いみたいで。。家にいるとき楽しい音楽かけるようにしてみたんだけど、もうちょっと楽しげな雰囲気にしたり、楽しいことを家でやったりするのが必要かなあ。

No comments:

Post a Comment