Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm Going to Tell my Future Grandchildren

One day, I’m going to tell my children and my grandchildren.  I’m going to tell them “When Grandma was young, she lived through the Big Earthquake of 2011, and on that day it seemed the whole world became one.  She saw every last person stand up to put body and soul into helping one another pull through.  It was glorious.”  I’m going to keep telling this story until they don’t want to hear it from me anymore.  So please get well soon, people of Japan. 

(Original Japanese Text)
いつか自分の子供や孫に話そう。「おばあちゃんが若かった時、東日本大震災があって世界中が1つになった。皆が一つのために必死になって支えあって輝いていたんだよ」って。相手が聞き飽きるまで話そう。だから1人でも多くの人に元気になってほしい。

No comments:

Post a Comment