Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Friday, April 8, 2011

Cousins Traveling North Blocked at Sendai

Just now, I managed to call my parents in Iwate Prefecture.  Their electricity seems to have been restored.  But my cousins who rushed to get to Iwate following the quake have been bogged down at Sendai.  It may be that the damage in the Tohoku region is bigger than we all thought.  Traffic seems to be congested even off the highways.

(Original Japanese Text)
先程ちょうど,実家と通話できるようになった(岩手県大船渡市内).後ノ入地区も電気が通ったらしい.なお,自分よりも早く地元入りしようとしていた従兄弟が仙台で足止めを食らっているとのこと.東北道のダメージが思ったより大きい可能性が.一般道も混んでいるかも.

No comments:

Post a Comment