Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Monday, April 4, 2011

My City Recovering, One Step at a Time

Just now, I felt a thrill of excitement seeing a Tokyo-bound train running on the JR Joban Line between Katsuda and Mito. My city is on its way towards recovery, one step at a time.  I hope to see the Hitachinaka Kaihin Line running again soon too!

(Original Japanese Text)
先ほど、勝田駅〜水戸駅間を東京方面に向けて走っているJR常磐線の電車を見て感動した。少しずつ一歩一歩着実に復興している。次はひたちなか海浜鉄道の復興を見たい。

No comments:

Post a Comment