Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Thursday, April 7, 2011

When Will We Ever Have Peace Again?

Man, that was scary!  I was sleeping on the sofa when it struck and I woke up dazed.  My head was still wrapped in sleep as I saw my father run to hold the furniture in place.  When will the day be when we can all live in peace again?  Good night.

怖かったねーでも私、地震の途中までソファーで寝ておりました(..)起きてボーッとしてたら、お父さんが家具を押さえにきたよ。安心できるときが、なかなか来ないね。おやすみなさい。

No comments:

Post a Comment