Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wedding Anniversary

It’s been almost a month since the quake.  The environment that my family lives in has changed completely since that day, and it is going to be difficult to think and live normally again any time soon.  We have been living as strong as we could with scars in our hearts, but where we can, we need to shift gears so that we can overcome and move on.  Speaking of which ... it’s midnight and I just noticed, the date has changed and it’s our wedding anniversary! I think I'm going to take my wife out for a drink at the neighborhood bar. 

(Original Japanese Text)
もうすぐ、震災から1ヶ月経つけど、あの日から変わってしまったわが家を取りまく「非日常的生活」から脱せない日々。心の引っかき傷が消えないまま、走り続けてきたけど、戻れる生活は戻さないと。気がついたら、日付変わって、今日は結婚記念日!夜中に、夫婦で近くのバーにてお祝い。

No comments:

Post a Comment