Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Monday, April 4, 2011

Thankful To Be Married, Thank You Wife!

I often find myself thinking how fortunate I am to be married. For example, when we were sending clothes to my mother in Minami Sanriku (one of the most devastated areas: see http://voicesfromjapan.blogspot.com/2011/03/movies-from-ground-tsunami-engulfs.html), my wife knew to send things that I would never have been able to think of on my own, such as specific kinds of warm underwear or socks. My wife even knew to send a complete set of cosmetics, again, a need that I would have been entirely oblivious to. My mother called and thanked us profusely. She had never before used some of the makeup items my wife had sent, found them wonderfully useful, and asked us for more! Thank you, dear wife!

(Original Japanese Text)
http://twitter.com/#!/urebass/status/54736212358987776
いやしかし結婚してて良かったと思うことが結構ある。たとえば母の支援用衣類。暖かいインナーやら、もこもこ靴下やら、俺だけならまず思いつかない。化粧品一式についても然り。今まで拭くだけコットンをつかったことのなかった母はしきりに感動して、詰め替え用を要求してきた。嫁様ありがとう。

No comments:

Post a Comment