Welcome

Thank you for the thousands of emails in support of the original translations of Japanese Twitter accounts of the March 11th quake on my Facebook note, "Japan Quake as Seen from Twitter". Now, together with ten classmates and friends in the University of Cambridge, I have launched this blog to continue translating the voices of the Japanese people on their road to recovery.
- Jun Shiomitsu -

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fires in Sendai City

Buildings have crumbled in Kesenuma because of this new quake.  There are reports of fires and gas leakage in Sendai City.  My sincere sympathies to the people in the Tohoku region who are going through an extremely anxious night.  They say there will be aftershocks leading from this quake as well, so please please be careful.  I will keep up to date on the news so that I can jump on any chance that comes up for me to help in anyway. 

(Original Japanese Text)
気仙沼市からは建物倒壊の、仙台市からは火災、ガス漏れなどの情報が届いています。不安な夜を過ごされている現地の方には、心からお見舞い申し上げます。まだ余震が続くとのこと、くれぐれもお気をつけてお過ごし下さい。引き続き情報をウォッチすることで、ささやかに協力できればと思います。

No comments:

Post a Comment